Saturday 5 June 2010

A CASK WASHER IN TIME SAVES NINE! (hours)

After spending the last couple of months washing and sterilising casks by hand, a critical job but in terms of the brewing process akin in excitement to watching paint dry I ordered a cask washer prior to going on holiday. The sight of my new cask washer on pallet outside my house was a beautiful moment. Albeit, temporarily offset by the knowledge it had no instructions and apparently I am the first customer to ever ask for them?

Anyway, thanks to Rob at Yorkshire Dales Brewery, Homecare in Darlington and father in law (as well the company I bought it from) for getting me on track. Still not an exciting job - but now considerably quicker - perhaps more time for actually brewing!

1 comment:

  1. i like to hear the bagpipes Pete

    cheers john

    ReplyDelete